2013-05-07

Vacuum hoses replaced

I decided to replace the vacuum hoses to be on the safe side. However.... even though I specifically asked for vacuum hose, and the clerk at my local (read: only) parts store acknowledged that I was, indeed, requesting vacuum hose, only after returning home did I realize that I'd been sold...... fuel hose. Apparently I should have checked the markings on the hose at the counter. WTF is wrong with people?

I installed the new hoses nevertheless, since some of the old vacuum lines were really worn out.

Old hoses:

  • 5/32 GM6148M 042490 ADP (~ 4mm)
  • 5/32 GM6148M 042490 PRC (~ 4mm)
  • Some unlabeled piece (5-6 mm?), between intake manifold and a valve that connects to the A/C vacuum system

New hoses:
  • MULTI FUEL GATES AUTO MASTER 4 MM MULTI CARBURANT UNIVERSALKRAFTSTOFF GATES 3225 (or "322E"?)  (4 mm)
  • MULTI FUEL GATES AUTO MASTER 6 mm MULTI CARBURANT UNIVERSALKRAFTSTOFF GATES 3225 6 mm UNIVERSELE BRANDSTOFF MULTI CARBURANTE CS112811 X2
The flexible vacuum "pipes" that connect e.g the MAP sensor and the EGR solenoid I left in place.


Odometer: 225 974 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment